top of page
Search

Some reasons why Japansese cars are popular overseas

Updated: Sep 6, 2023




Japanese used cars are easy to import and highly reliable


In the first three months of this year, the UK imported about 5,000 used cars from Japan. About 30% of these were European cars, mostly Volkswagens, but also including BMWs, Mercedes-Benzes, Audis, Volvos, and Minis. The remaining 70% were Japanese cars, including hybrids, MPVs (minivans), SUVs, and some high-performance vehicles.


The "vehicle inspection" system is a key factor


Used European cars imported from Japan meet European type approval laws, have similar specifications to British cars, and may be easier to repair and procure parts.


Imported vehicles are manufactured to comply with EEA/UN type approval regulations as well as Japanese regulations, so factory lights, etc. meet UK road traffic laws.


Older car models may be used for parts.


For example, body parts and interior parts are often used in foreign countries rather than new parts, so there is a demand for vehicles that have been scrapped in Japan.



14 views0 comments

Comments


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page